(I know he's supposed to be sleeping on his back...this is strictly for diaper rash healing. I was monitoring him closely.)
We HATE diaper rash. Lincoln has had awful diaper rash since last weekend. He went to the Doc on Tuesday and was prescribed some medications which really aren't helping. (By the way, he now weighs 11# 14 oz. and is 22 1/2 inches long.) The doctor also suggested he switch to soy formula since his loose bowel movements were probably the cause of the rash. I tried soy fully for a day and saw no change so I turned to the internet. After researching it, I found out that if your child was on soy formula solely, it was like giving him five birth control pills a day. I don't know about you, but I really don't think Steve would appreciate pumping that much estrogen into his only son. :0) Therefore, I have been alternating soy formula with milk based formula in the hopes that it doesn't completely mess the poor kid's digestive system up. Anyway, to make a long story short, Lincoln still has diaper rash. I tried to let him go diaper free for awhile today(which the Doc also recommended) which is virtually impossible with a boy and his "fire hose." I put a wash cloth over it while he was laying on a diaper pad and playing with his baby gym. I went to the kitchen to make the girls some lunch. I came back to the room to check on him to find the wash cloth kicked off and Lincoln with a wet face. Apparently, the poor kid peed on himself. I tried him on his belly, but he hates that for more than a couple minutes because his head is still so heavy for him to lift up. What to do? What to do? He is sleeping peacefully now, and I'm sure he's dreading the next diaper change. We've even resorted to ditching the wipes and squirting his fanny with a bulb syringe filled with water. A two minute diaper change has turned into a ten minute ordeal. Any suggestions would be so appreciated by both of us!!!








3 comments:
Oh man! I'm sorry little Lincoln has a sore booty. Haleigh was a mess with diaper rash for the first 6 months of her life too. I actually bought diaper rash cream online. What we found that worked the best is called Pinxav. Pronounced "pink salve." I am pretty sure they will send you a free sample too. (i did that at first, and then had to order it, b/c it really did work so well). It's pink, so steve might have to brace himself (lol), but it seriously did work!
Thanks, Angie...I appreciate the help. I'll have to get online and try it out! :0) Steve will just have to deal with it!! HEE! HEE!
The next time this would happen (hopefully not) try using Aquaphor. This is another ingredient that gets mixed with this and it makes a gooey mess but WORKS!! IF you go to the pharmacy and ask about aquaphor and another ingredient they should know becuase I bought the 2 items and they mixed it for me. This picture is priceless. (Kara)
Post a Comment