Welcome to our website~ a place for you to see our family's experiences and our children grow up right before your eyes!! If you'd like, leave a comment; we'd LOVE to hear from you! We'd also like to encourage you to start your own blog!! It will become addicting, we promise. So sit back and ENJOY!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Kendra Funny!

Steve and I decide that since he's on call this weekend, we'd meet in Republic at Fatheads for supper. I got the kids all ready and off we went. On the way, I asked the girls if they remembered to turn off the T.V. upstairs since they were watching cartoons while I was getting ready. Both girls forgot to turn off the T.V. I started the "electricity costs money" lecture and reminded them that the T.V. is running and no one is even there to watch it. Kendra, being so sharp, said that "God and Santa are watching it." Now how is a mother to respond to that one? I don't know if laughter is the answer, but it sure got the girls off the hook! Smart girl huh???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! I recently started a "funny" journal for each of the girls. In the journal i'm only putting the funny or off the wall things that each girl says, along with their age. It seems like the older i get (and Lord help me, b/c i'm not even old) the less I remember. I think it'll be fun to look at them down the road... and when they're a mother. Hopefully it'll be something fun they can share with their children. It's amazing some of the things the children say. Kendra is simply adorable!! she's so darn smart. And Karmyn...well, we all know that she's probably the smartest child in her class room. That girl, I swear is older than her age. LOL! You've done great raising them, Lisa!

The BLIZZARD BUNCH: said...

Thanks so much, Angie...you're also a wonderful mommy! I like your "funny journal" idea. I just might steal it!! Thanks for all the commments you leave on here. I keep waiting on the announcement of the Hillman blog!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

You are correct about laughter...there are times with David that I want to yell but then he has a comment like Kendra. I have to turn my head and laugh. I like the journal idea...this would be great to look at over the years.

It was great seeing you.

Kara