Welcome to our website~ a place for you to see our family's experiences and our children grow up right before your eyes!! If you'd like, leave a comment; we'd LOVE to hear from you! We'd also like to encourage you to start your own blog!! It will become addicting, we promise. So sit back and ENJOY!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Michelle's Baby Shower!!

Marie, Dawn, Beth, Michelle (due in Mar.), Kara (due in Feb.) and Me!
Dawn, Me, Kara, Marie, Beth, and Lindsey

Yesterday, I attended Michelle (Teynor) Beard's baby shower. She and her husband Jeff will be welcoming their first baby, a boy, in March!! It was so good to see her and the rest of the girls from high school who were there. I wish Michelle and Jeff nothing but the best in their new adventure in parenting. Motherhood is the greatest gift one could ever be given!!

An Inch of Wonder
Though but an inch of wonder, Mom,
My heart beats rapidly.
And pretty soon my ears will hear
When Daddy sings to me.
This tiny thumb has found my mouth,
I know this must be home,
And when you rock me gently, Mom,
I don't feel at all alone.
It's getting cramped and when I kick
My Daddy laughs with joy.
Is that his hand caressing me?
Is he praying for a boy?
I sense your overwhelming pride,
But know you are afraid,
Our God will guide your every move,
Oh, Mommy, it's okay.
Nine months feels like eternity,
I'm eager to be held.
And when they place me on your chest,
Your heart will surely melt.
I understand, I am your first!
You fear this great unknown.
To me, you'll be the greatest Mom
This world has ever known.
So be assured what waits for you,
As I resume to grow,
Will be the most enormous love,
that you will ever know.
by Karen O'Connor


2 comments:

~ Michelle and Jeff ~ said...

Oh,Lisa! Just what an emotional pregnant lady away from home needs...where did you find that?

The BLIZZARD BUNCH: said...

I found the poem online...I was trying to find a message from baby to mother! Sorry it made you sappy!! :0) Hope you're home soon, safe and sound!! Love ya!