Karmyn pale and sick yesterday.So where should I start?? We need to Lysol everything in our house! Kendra woke up Friday night with a fever of 104 and a phlemgy cough. This continued all weekend until Sunday evening her fever broke and she was just left with a cough. She coughs so bad at night that she gags and spits up. We went to the doctor today, and he said she has swollen glands and a raw throat. He didn't give her anything but said to continue Delsym at night for cough. Poor thing.
Sunday evening, Karmyn woke up at midnight and threw up in her bed. Steve and I cleaned everything up and put her back to bed. Steve was convinced she just ate too much. We found out 30 minutes later that wasn't the case. Karmyn continued to throw up every 30 minutes to an hour until today around 2 a.m.. She was miserable. Whatever went down came right back up. She woke up this morning done throwing up but with a fever and very lethargic. She doesn't want to even move. I have to force her to take sips of liquids and have only gotten her to eat a few bites of jello. She also had an appt. at the doctor this morning and he said "liquids, liquids, liquids." He gave her a medicine to stop the nausea and help with the belly pain. When we got home she fell asleep after taking her medication. She just woke up from her second nap of the day. Today she seems to be worse than yesterday. I think her body is just worn out!
And so on to Lincoln...he has been coughing deep, hoarse coughs here and there. He tends to cough worse while he's sleeping and rarely through the day. I decided that since I was having the other two checked I should probably have the doctor look at him too. Good thing I did. Supposedly, Lincoln has croup. He was prescribed breathing treatments through a nebulizer and a nose drop. He also has fluid in his ears but no fever or known discomfort so the doctor decided to hold off on the antibiotic. If he gets a fever or shows signs of discomfort, he said to let him know. So needless to say, I have all three kiddos sick with different things. I am just hoping they don't decide to switch illnesses next week. It' s miserable for me to see them sick as I'm sure it's miserable for them to be sick. This is definitely one of my least favorite parts of motherhood. I just do whatever I can do to make them comfortable. Poor kids!








3 comments:
aww...that stinks!! We are all sick too. Hope they feel better soon!!
Man, they all look like they've been through the ringer! :(
I hope they don't swap sicknesses, either!
I just thought of something...did any of the other kids who went to Chuck E. Cheese get sick? I know you've probably done other things since then, but I wonder how often they clean down the play area there and that kind of thing.
Kylie and I discussed that...her two girls have runny noses and coughs but she thought it had started before we went!! Kid germs...yuk!
Post a Comment